Cricket Update – 2021
We are still awaiting full guidance for cricket in 2021 from ECB, but as things stand we are hopeful of a near/new normal cricket season! We hope for a full season in the Thames Valley Cricket League for our 3 teams in Divisions 5a, 5b, and 8b.
Membership Renewals – please renew your subscription now.
Nets will open for business on 29th March. Members can book a slot in the nets through an email request or by phoning / texting the colts coach, their captain or the club secretary on 07702 876858. The nets should only be used if you have a confirmed booking. Please see the cricket calendar below for availability. When using the nets you must follow the below guidelines:
- Social distancing must be respected at all times
- The nets must be closed and locked after use
- Hands must be washed / sanitised before and after using the facility
- Do not pick up cricket balls that are not yours – use your bat or foot to knock it back to the bowler
- No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball as far as it’s possible to avoid it
- Anyone suffering coronavirus symptoms, however mild, should not use the nets and observe government advice.
Farnham Common Cricket Club are a thriving, successful and friendly cricket club, situated on the Bucks / Berks border between Beaconsfield and Slough. The cricket club runs three men’s league teams on a Saturday playing competitive cricket in the Thames Valley League Divisions 5, 6 and 8. Occasional Sunday fixtures are also played. and we participate in midweek evening knockout and inter-club competitions too. With such a wide range of cricket available, we are able to cater for cricketers of all ages and abilities.
When & where do we train?
Our main outdoor nets session during the summer take place on Wednesday and Friday evenings.
Who can get involved?
We treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status. If you are looking to get back into cricket or for a change of club we would be happy to provide you with further info.